Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, April 8, 2011

Hollie Watering

Hollie Watering

Well, I recently decided to enroll in a Prisma Color Pencil class to learn different techniques using my color pencils.  This included actually using a light source on the image where I have never done before.  Also, creating other skin tones and hair colors by layering your colors that I had never tried.  Talk about learning how to use my color pencils all over again.  This technique has somewhat messed me up a bit with my coloring.  I’ve colored this image 4 times and this is how the final project turned out.

Recipe:

Digital Image:  Hollie Watering by Kelley Kids Digi Stamps from Stitchy Stamps (Colored image with Prisma Color Pencils and OMS).

Sentiment:  You Make Happiness Bloom from TLC Creations (popped sentiment up with 3D Foam Squares).

Card Stocks:  Jacaranda, Purple, Ivy (TAC), Blue Stripe and Green Polka Dots prints (Colorbok – Pastel Breeze) and Purple w/Dots and Purple Flowers prints (Colorbok – Pastels).

Die-Cuts:  Nestabilities Labels 2.

Punches:  EK Success Small/Medium Flower punch, Marvy Tiny Butterfly punch, MS Branch punch, MS Leaves punch, Fiskars Corner Snowflakes punch (center of flowers) and Blue Hills Studio Baby’s Breath 8 in 1 Punches.

Inks:  Memento Summer Sky Ink (sponged around image).

Embellishments:  Glossy Accents (Eyes, mouth, watering can, water drops and bumble bee’s wings), Silver Flower Charm, Silver Jump Rings, Yellow and Purple Pearls, Yellow Rhinestones (center of flowers), Yellow Baby’s Breath and 5/8” Grape w/Flowers Satin ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon).

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

KYM - SIGNATURE 

   

8 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Well you've done a wonderful job colouring this sweet image Kym......Think I might just need a few classes!!!!
Have a great week end!

Helen Dooley said...

This is really really beautiful! I like how you did this you're amazing.

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW Kym.... Gorgeous creation! Happy to see you out here in blog land! Have a great weekend GF!

craftieodmae said...

it's gorgeous, next time list the color number of the pencils you used, I don't ask much do I lol

Berry said...

This is fab I love it all. I would be so interested in doing a prisma oolour class but think it would mess up how I do stuff too! I would love to know what shades you used to, what size box do you have? I have the 72 and am thining of going up to the max now, hugs Rebekah xx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just darling!! LOVE your colors and beautiful flowers on this!! TFS!! Smiles, Vicki

Terry said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Janna Werner said...

Hi Kym! Very sweet and springlike card! TFS Janna

Related Posts with Thumbnails