Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Love Birds Tea Light Candle Box Card

Love Birds Tea Lights Candle Box Card

Circle_cards4Men

Welcome to another challenge at Cards for Men with a fabulous sponsor, The Stamping Boutique.  They will be sponsoring Challenge #1 – “a sketch by Shirley”.  The challenge runs from January 3rd thru January 16th. I hope you will be able to join us for this fabulous sketch challenge that one of our design team member’s, Shirley created.  Thank you so much, Shirley!  Here’s the sketch:

sketch by Shirley

TSB_logoBlurb:  I'm Tracey Malnofski, the artist and owner of The Stamping Boutique. My team and I are very happy to sponsor 2 Sketches 4 You. My store has been open since September 2009.I am currently a stamp artist for UnityStampCo. and I've worked for InStyleStamps, Squigglefly, and TheDigiShack in the past. I'm a professional artist and an active member of the Artist' Guild in my community. I have quite a busy household with a husband, 3 teenagers, 5 mini-dachshunds and an Appaloosa mare. It's noisy, but I love them all. I'm truly blessed.

"The Stamping Boutique" is dedicated to quality products and original artwork. We not only provide wonderful digital images in our store, but also several lines of red rubber images. Our designers are chosen for their character and personality,as well as, their beautiful designs. We work hard to give you our very best. Thank you so much for having us as your sponsor this week.

Prize: 5 images

 

SereneChaosLinkButton

Welcome to the first 2011 fun week at For Fun Challenges.  This week’s challenge is a to create a “recipe” card/project.  The recipe is as follows:  1 image, 2 buttons or brads and 3 different types of papers.  The challenge runs from January 5th thru January 11th.  Hope you’ll be able to join us.

Supply list: 

Digital Image:  Love Birds from The Stamping Boutique (Colored image with Prisma color pencils and OMS and cut out).

Sentiment:  Lighting Your Way for a Blessed New Year! (Done by me on the computer).

Template/Tutorial:  Treat Box Card from Splitcoast Stampers.

Card Stocks:  Beige and Ivy (TAC), Brown (Bazzill Basics), Brown Polka Dot print (K&Company-Glad Tidings) and Red and Tan prints (K&Company-Let It Snow).

Die-Cuts:  Nestabilities Scallop Ovals and Double Ended Tags.

Punches:  EK Success Small/Medium Retro Flower Power punch and MS Branch punch.

Inks:  Antique Linen Distress Ink (sponged around sentiment).

Embellishments:  Yellow and Red Rhinestones, Silver Flower Charm, Jump Rings, Velcro Dots, Acetate, Yellow Stickles and Brown/Tan Striped Grosgrain ribbon.

Just wanted to add regarding my project that I had made a major boo-boo.  I was so excited to be creating my first Tea Light Candle Box Card that I completely forgot to place my image and papers according to Shirley’s sketch.  It wasn’t until I sent my card to Donna that I noticed the mistake.  I’m so sorry, Shirley!  Your sketch was absolutely wonderful!  I will make this one up to you, Shirley.  Hugs and love ya!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  It truly feels wonderful to be back again!  Have a wonderful day!

Hugs, Kym

  

2 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so great. I just love how you've colored it. TFS.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is sensational Kym! I NEED to make one of these! Thanks for the inspiration you beautiful Rose!

Related Posts with Thumbnails