Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Birthday Gift Bag and Book Marker

Good Morning and Happy Monday to everyone!  I’m truly sorry for my late posting.  Since finding out over a week ago that my Dad had cancer in his bladder and then having surgery last Tuesday, I’ve been a little out of the loop and behind on everything.  This project was created for The Roses (Betty, Connie, Kerri, Olga, Sue and myself) Challenge that Sue challenged us to do.  She wanted us to create a gift bag for a birthday, anniversary or holiday.  She had sent us the bag, gift tag, designer paper, green ribbon, acrylic discs, a green heart paperclip and green felt.  Thank you Sue for such an awesome challenge.  I had never designed a gift bag before.

So, I created a gift bag and book marker for my Mom’s birthday.  I used Spring Green Plaid Ruffles, Red Plaid Ruffles, Red Double Ruffles, Red Satin w/gold trim and Lime Grosgrain ribbons that are all from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The poppy flower image was decoupage and then I added glossy accents over the top of the image.  For the gift bag I made yo-yo flowers as an embellishment.  

Mom's Birthday Gift BagImage:  Poppies by Marjorie Malarkies (decoupaged).

Card Stock:  Red (TAC) and brown print (K&Company).

Die-Cuts:  Sizzix Butterfly & Flowers Sizzlits Dies (leaves).

Punches:  EK Success Butterfly Pop-Up punch and EK Success Scroll & Dots Border punch.

Embellishments:  Red Dew Drops (center of yo-yo flowers, Green Dew Drops (corners of tag), Half Pearl (center of small yo-yo flower), Black Half Pearls (center of butterfly), string of pearls, green heart paperclip, green felt (leaves), Green Satin ribbon, Inkssentials Glossy Accents (poppies), 3/4” Spring Green Ruffles by May Arts, 3/4” Red Ruffles by May Arts, 5/8” Red Double Ruffles and 3/8” Lime Grosgrain.  The ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Hugs, Kym

8 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

I'm going to have to listen to that same old song again. Love your bag and the bookmarker you did a wonderful job on.

Kerrie said...

Kym, you have done an awesome job on that bag, glad you had the chance to play along. Hope your dad is feeling a lot better after surgery. Stay safe! Kezzie x

Suzi Mac said...

This is an adorable gift bag. love the punches tag and sweet ribbon flowers.
Suzi x

angelique (anlou) said...

what an gorgeous creation hun
i wish you and your familie all the best
now i'm hopping along hun
hugs angelique

jonim52 said...

Love the ribbon flowers!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about you dad's diagnosis. Hope everything goes well.

Cute gift bag!

I was looking for your RRR blog hop post but don't see it. I am headed on to Gini's blog.
Hugs,
True :D

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is totally awesome Kym. Hope your Dad is doing well! I will keep him in my prayers!

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card and bookmark Kym! I am so sorry to hear the news about your dad, wishing him a speedy recovery xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails